Besan Pistachio Ladoo – Chana Pistachio Balls
Here is a traditional Indian dessert – “Ladoo” with a subtle vegan twist and I am calling it Besan Pistachio Ladoo. This is an excellent option if you are looking for a vegan recipe for the upcoming “Krishnashtami” or “Ganesh Chaturthi”.
I owe the credit to my mother for this recipe. However, I managed to make this ladoo without using Ghee. So that’s an accomplishment I am proud of.
Pistachios are not a part of the original recipe either. A little nutty flavor to besan flour (Split bengal grams) adds a wonderful dimension to the flavors. Based on the comments I have received for my recipes in the past, I know you will like this as much as I do. Here I used salted pistachios, you can use unsalted pistachios too and add a pinch of salt for better taste.
“Ladoos” is an excellent dessert or a sweet snack that can last several days after you prepare them. I prepared bite sized rounds that I can pack easily for my kid’s snack box or for a family picnic.
Preparation time is fairly short as well. It took less than 30 minutes start to finish and the list of ingredients isn’t long at all. All the more reasons for you to try this today. Try it today and share your experience. You can leave a comment here or on my Facebook page. If you prefer getting my recipes directly in your inbox, just hit the subscribe button at the right….
“Ladoos” are excellent dessert or a sweet snack that can last several days after you prepare them. I prepare bite sized rounds that I can pack easily for my kids snack box or for a family picnic.
- ¾ cup split bengal gram or Chana dal
- ¼ cup salted Pistachio
- ½ cup +1 tbsp organic sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp cashew milk or other non dairy milk
- Dry roast the split bengal gram or channa dal, until they turn golden brown. You will also notice the aroma. Place it aside in a blender.
- Next dry roast the salted Pistachios until they are crispy. Place them aside in the blender.
- Blend the split bengal gram, pistachios with organic sugar into a fine powder.
- Place the powder in a big vessel and drizzle just a little of oil and cashew milk to bring it to a consistency of dough.
- Now shape them into bite sized balls.
Save this recipe for later:
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $21.54Was: $22.74