healthy, simple, delicious, vegan butter corn avocado salad
Recipe for Butter Corn Avocado Salad – A Salad that needs no dressing! But it is not your run of the mill lettuce and shredded carrot mix that loses the nutritional value when you mix in your favorite dressing. It is a salad that is naturally creamy and the ingredients are carefully hand picked for nutritional contribution as much for taste and palate. Butter Corn is one of my favorite winter time snack. But with the right mix of vegetables, it can be a salad instead of just a snack, that is appealing anytime of the year.
One serving of Butter Corn Avocado Salad provides plentiful Protein, Fiber, Iron, Potassium, vitamin K, B6, E & Vitamin C! A recipe that is as healthy as this one got to be shared with you all.
Although I still call it “Butter” corn, do not be swayed by the title. I do not use any dairy ingredient for this. I use vegan butter that I prepared (see vegan butter recipe here). My handpicked selections to enhance the taste are beets and avocado. Perhaps, you can blend in northern beans or pinto beans into the mix, but be sure to sprinkle in a little more black pepper to keep the taste.
So far, my kids have enjoyed it and I am glad I found another way to add beets to their diet. I am going to be trying more salads like this in the future with dressings that will enhance the taste with no compromise in nutrition. Check out my video for quick step by step instructions. I think you will enjoy this salad as much as you liked my recipe for Kosambri. If you like this or any of my recipe, be sure to like my facebook page to get my latest recipes.
- 2-3 ear of corn or 1 ½ cup frozen corns
- 2 ripe avocados
- 15 oz whole beets (boiled)
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp Pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- If you use ears of corn like me, separate all the corns from the cob.
- Place a pan over medium heat, add 2- 3 tsp vegan butter
- As butter starts to melt, add corn and sauté for a minute.
- Add salt, black pepper and continue to sauté for another 3-4 minutes.
- Butter Corn is ready. Switch off the heat and let it cool.
- Now mix the Butter Corn with the sliced or diced beets and avocados.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds and garnish with cilantro.
A Healthy and Sumptuous meal is waiting for you! Butter Corn Avocado Salad!