Walnut oatmeal energy balls-laddu is gluten free, sugar free, and dairy free.
There is a never a shortage of Energy Bars and Trail Mix, but how many can you find that does not have the infamous High Fructose Corn Syrup? The benefits you get from the Oats and Nuts are offset by the ingredients that make it unnaturally sweet or extend the shelf life. That is why making your own energy bar is always a safe choice. You control what goes in it and you make just enough for your family. Try my recipe for Walnut Oatmeal Energy Balls- Laddu.
The entire recipe can be finished in less than an hour. It is great to have them in your pack when you are hiking, biking or any outdoor activity. It is also great mix to have out for guests at any kind of gathering – from Kid’s play date to baby showers, this one’s a hit!
There are several incredible health benefits from Walnuts and Oatmeal. They are going to be my prime ingredients today. But energy bar recipes such as this need a binder ingredient and that is where Dates come. Depending on how soft your dates are, you will probably need a little bit of soaking (not more than 30 minutes…) This is gluten-free combination gives it a naturally sweet taste and a healthy treat for your family.
Apart from the coconut flour, there are no special ingredients for this recipe. If you cannot find coconut flour, you can always substitute that with coconut flakes. Try this recipe today and let me know how you like it! As always, your comments are welcome! Thank you for your support on my recipe from earlier this week for Vegan Butter.
Lets start with Directions with step by step pictures:
Prepare a date sauce first by soaking pitted dates in water for about 30 minutes. Drain the water and then blend them with 2 tbsp of any non-dairy milk. Heat the mixture until it gets thick. PS: You can use this sauce in any dessert!
Sauté Oats and Walnuts with 2 tsp of Vegan butter. Blend the roasted Oats and Walnuts together.
Oatmeal Walnut Energy Balls are ready! Pack them for your next outdoor adventure!
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup dates
- 2 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ cardamom powder (optional)
- 2 tsp vegan butter (optional)
- Prepare a date sauce first by soaking pitted dates in water for about 30 minutes.
- Drain the water and then blend them with 2 tbsp of any non-dairy milk.
- Heat the mixture until it gets thick. (PS: You can use this sauce in any dessert! )
- Sauté Oats and Walnuts with 2 tsp of Vegan butter
- Blend the roasted Oats and Walnuts together.
- Now mix the dry ingredients with the date sauce to an even consistency
- Prepare round balls or bars.
- Wrap them in foils or store them in a cool dry place.