Exciting news! Simple Sumptuous Cooking has been awarded the Liebster Award by Kimberly Nielson at A Beautiful Mind 4 Me .The Liebster Award is mostly to recognize new bloggers and welcome them into the blogosphere. The award also helps bloggers connect with other bloggers.
So, as part of winning this award I answer eleven questions that Kimberly Nielson asked to get to know me better. Here they are:
- Why did you start your blog?
I started this website in 2015 as an earnest attempt to share my passion and the spread the hidden joys of cooking. Some of these recipes typically do not make it to the internet. I hope to bring them to your kitchen and home.
- Is there a story behind your blog name?
I named my website as mrishtanna.com. “Mrishtanna” means “Sumptuous ” in Sanskrit and I intend to show how you can learn the elements of a sumptuous meal, one dish at a time.
- What motivates you to blog?
The more I share my ideas, the better I get at what I do. My mission is to make my audience enjoy cooking as much I do.
- What is your favorite movie?
Drama and thrillers are my favorite genres. Among those, “Pursuit of Happyness” is my favorite movie.
- When you were young, what did you want to grow up to be?
During my childhood, I had dreams of becoming a lawyer or a teacher.
- What is your favorite place to eat out?
I like to try new restaurants in my neighborhood. But at times that I cannot make a decision, I get take-out food from “Sipz“, a local cafe in San Diego.
- Did you always want to write or is this a new talent you have discovered?
It’s a new talent that I am still honing. I hope to improve my writing and presentation to provide more captivating content.
- What is your biggest success up until now?
Overcoming my fear of blogging.
- If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
I would like to go back to year 2000, because 911 had still not occurred. That event still left a scar in my heart.
- What is your favorite book?
Traveler’s gift by Andy Andrews.
- Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
I hope to never come across this scenario. If it happens, I want my husband with me.
Here are 11 random facts about me:
- I was born and raised in a rural part of Karnataka, India and I moved to sunny San Diego in 2007.
- I am married and have two daughters.
- I have a diploma in Arts and went to law school in India before I found my passion in cooking.
- Most of leisure is spent on adding content to my blog.
- I am also currently attending courses related to child development in my local community college.
- I love watching late night movies with my family.
- I have frequent cravings for Thai, Mexican and Italian food.
- Though I don’t watch American football, I love the Super Bowl and the euphoria around it.
- I like the tradition of Thanksgiving: the only time of the year when my husband and brother-in-law cook for the family.
- I like barbecuing vegetables in our back yard.
- The vacation to Maui was the best of my life and I wish to go there again.
I am excited to announce that I have nominated several people to be the next recipient of the Liebster Award! Drum roll please!
Shavon Boders at Create With Me
Tara Tavares Hernandez at Anchored in His Hope
Sarah Friedrich at Kulturica Magazine
Dawn Renee Keller at Blue Skies by Dawn
Elaine Nadalin at The Broke Girl’s Guide to Cars
Tione Rodney at Beauty That Walks
Bettye Rainwater at Fashion Schlub
Femy Praseeth at byFemy
Annick Hary at Selfrench
Kimberly Bassler at Barbells and Oxford Commas
Monica Lobenstein at Acord*Oak*Forest
Congrats guys I am so excited for all of you. Now here are 11 questions for you to answer so I can get to know your blog better. Please comment on this post with a link to the answers to your questions! Can’t wait to read them!
- How will you describe the target audience of your blog in one sentence?
- What the primary reason for starting your blog and do you have a road map for monetizing your blog?
- How often do you post content on your blog?
- Are pictures and/or videos important to your blog?
- Do you hire people for writing content, photography and videos?
- Do you have a YouTube channel?
- Do you also take advantage of social media like Pinterest, Instagram, StumbleUpon, etc?
- What is your blog’s biggest success?
- What aspect of your blog do you find challenging?
- What motivates you to continue blogging?
- Where do you see your blog in the next 2 years, and 5 years?
So that is the Liebster Award! Thanks again Kimberly Nielson at A Beautiful Mind For Me it has been an honor!