Here’s one spicy Cilantro recipe that goes well with almost anything:Cilantro Chutney! It is one of the most versatile dish in Indian cooking. I got this recipe from my grandmother and it is one of my favorites because it is easy to make and lasts a long time! It packs a punch of cilantro flavor and Indian spices. It goes well with sandwich or rice or even roti’s. If you are short on time for cooking a curry, try the cilantro chutney with rice and a teaspoon of coconut oil.
Here I am sharing Coriander leaves chutney recipe.
- 3 bunch coriander leaves / Cilantro
- 10-12 green chilis
- 1/2 cup chopped Ginger
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 2 tbsp oil
- Wash and drain the coriander leaves, green chili and ginger.
- Chop the leaves and ginger.
- Blend all three ingredients into a smooth paste adding very little water.
- Place a non-stick vessel over a medium heat and start to boil the coriander chutney paste.
- Add salt to taste. Place a cover, if it starts to splatter as it heats up.
- Cook for approximate 30 minutes or until the paste begins to thicken. Take off the heat and keep it aside.
- In a small pan, roast the mustard seeds and urad dal with 2 tbsp oil. As the mustard seeds start to sputter, take them off the heat and add to the coriander paste.
Spicy coriander chutney is ready! Store it in an air tight jar or Tupperware jar.
|Prep time||Cook time||Makes|