There’s something special about Cauliflower that makes it an anytime favorite for all the members in my house. Little bit of seasoning and a mild roast gives it a wonderful taste that few vegetables can match. My dish today is a new curry with cauliflower. I tried a bold variation from the usual Cauliflower curry with a new spice combination and chana dal (split bengal gram) and it turned just like I hoped for!
So here’s the recipe for Cauliflower-Channa dal masala curry! This creamy and flavorful curry can be served with plain rice, chapathi or puri 🙂
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 cup boiled Channa dal
- Florets from 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tomato
- 5-10 cashews ( optional)
- 1/2 inch ginger chopped
- 2 green chilies
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 cloves
- Soak the cauliflower florets in warm water for 10 minutes and keep them aside.
- Boil the Channa dal with a cup of water in pressure cooker and keep it aside.
- Sauté cloves and saunf with 2 tsp of oil in a small pan until saunf turns golden brown.
- Now, add minced ginger and green chili and sauté for another 30-45 seconds.
- Follow up with chopped onions. When onions turn transparent, add chopped tomatoes.
- Add cashews (optional) and continue to cook. In about a minute, take it off the heat. Add a cup of water and blend into a smooth paste.
- Place a medium size pan over medium heat and fry the cauliflower florets with 2 tsp oil. When the florets turn golden, add turmeric powder and chili powder to it.
- Add the blended masala paste to the floret and continue to cook over medium heat. Add salt to taste.
- In about 2 minutes, add the boiled Channa dal. Add water, if required
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with rice or chapathi:)
Try this variation to spice up your dinner and let me know how it turns out. I hope your experience will be as special as mine!
|Prep time||Cook time||Serves|
|30 Minutes||3o Minutes||4 to 6|