Here’s your new favorite fried onion snack! Onion Pakoda. I got this recipe from my mom. Her pakodas are the best I have had! It’s a good snack for a cold day and best served hot. Spiciness can be customized to your liking. Try this for the Super Bowl party! Or any party you have coming up. 🙂
• 2 medium onions (chopped)
• 1 cup besan flour (Gram flour)
• 1/4 cup rice flour
• 1 tsp cumin powder
• 1 tsp coriander powder
• Salt to taste
• Oil for frying
• 1 tsp red chili powder
• In a big bowl mix the dry ingredients together (Besan flour, rice flour, salt, cumin powder, coriander powder and red chili powder)
• Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a small pan and add to the dry mixture.
• Add the chopped onions to the flour and mix well (without adding water) and keep it aside for 5-10 mins
• The dough begins to soften. Add 1-2 tsp water if it is not too soft yet.
• Prepare the frying vessel over medium heat and start to fry the dough in bite size lumps. If you are not sure if the oil is ready to fry, just test it with a small piece of dough. If the oil is ready, the dough rises to the top almost immediately J
• Fry the onion pakoda until it gets golden brown color.
Serve with hot tea or coffee!
|Prep time||Cook time||Serves|
|15 Minutes||40 Minutes||4 -6|