Multi Grain Dosa is very rich in protein and iron. This is best suited for breakfast. I learned this dosa from one of my south indian friend. The dish is called Adai in local language. I made some changes to her recipe by adding some other grains like oats and barley. Check out my page Healing Secret of Food to learn more about benefits of grains and lentils. Here’s the recipe…
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1/4 cup toor dal
- 1/4 cup channa dal
- 1/4 cup moon dal
- 2 tbsp Urad dal
- 2 tbsp oats
- 2 tbsp barely
- 1 tsp fenugreek seed
- 4 red chilies
- 1/2 inch ginger
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp grated coconut (optional)
- Few curry leaves
- Soak rice and all other grains for 4 to 5 hours
- Wash it and drain the water from grains.
- Blend the all the ingredients together with appropriate amount of water to get a flowing consistency.
- Add salt and chopped curry leaves.
- Place iron skillet or non- stick flat pan over medium heat. Pour 1/2 tsp of oil when the skillet is hot. Pour the batter and place a cover on the skillet.
- Flip the dosa to the other side after about 1-2 minutes or when the surface looks to harden.
- Apply 1 tsp of oil for every dosa.
Serve dosa with green chutney! Happy cooking.
|Prep time||Cook time||Makes|
|5 Hours||30 Minutes||20 Dosas|