Horse Gram is one of my favorite to make rasam or soup. It is packed with rich amounts of vitamins, iron and proteins and also helps our body burn fat. It is perfect for the winter time because it keep you away from common cold problems. Here’s the simple recipe for Horse Gram soup…
- 2 tbsp horse gram
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
- 2 tbsp tomato paste( or tamarind paste 1 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp of jaggery (optional)
- 1 tbsp rasam powder (customize for your taste)
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 red chilies
- few curry leaf
- 1 tsp oil
- Soak Horse Gram grain for 10 minutes and boil in a pressure cooker with 1 cup of water (3 whistle)
- After it cools down, blend it with grated coconut ( use the water that you boiled horse gram with).
- Place a vessel over medium heat and add the blended paste and 1 cup of water.
- When it start to boils, add salt, tomato paste, jaggery and rasam powder. Add 1 cup of water (if required)
- Continue to cook over low heat for 10 more minutes.
- In a separate pan, fry the garlic cloves with 1 tsp of oil and add them to the rasam.
- For the seasoning, fry mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and chilies in 1 tsp oil. When mustard seeds start to splutter, add curry leaves.
- Finally, add the seasoning to the soup/rasam.
|Prep time||Cook time||Serves|
|15 Minutes||35 Minutes||4 to5|
Serve with rice or as a soup!